Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 March 2016

Sunny.

The weather has been lovely today, blue skies and sunshine all the way with enough of a breeze to make it worth hanging out some washing. Unfortunately the forecast for the rest of the weekend is not so good. That's why, despite my sore back (from yesterday) I was determined to work outside. I got the whole of the outside of the conservatory scrubbed and wiped down. Because of the damp weather green algae and a nasty pink alga tend to grow on the white plastic especially on the side nearest the stream. It looks so much better, all clean and white.
I also picked up all the twigs from the back lawn and dug out the weeds, mainly thistles and dandelions. Now it's ready for its first mow of the season when I get round to it.
After all that work I did have a pleasant rest sitting outside in the sunshine.
When I went up to collect the washing I took the opportunity to hoe under the apple trees as a few seedlings were beginning to appear. Then in case we get heavy rain I tidied up the dams across the road. 

3 comments:

happyone said...

Love your window sill. : )

Harriet said...

Your blue vase and daffodils... beautiful. Thanks to google, I know your profiterole is a cream bun...I think it's a shame you lost it. I love the statue in the previous photo. I, too, have a cream bun that is calling my name.

Ruta M. said...

Fortunately profiteroles are small, the size of an apricot, so I had others to enjoy.