Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 3 March 2016

Calm.

This morning's weather could not have been more different to yesterday's. There was just the slightest of breezes to nudge the wind chimes and the sky was a gentle grey. Later the sun came out for a while.
With the whole day at home I've managed to  get lots done. 3 more coats of varnish on the bedroom step and its scruffy broken state is a mere memory. Then I painted the parts of the walls in that bedroom that needed doing. I wasn't sure I had the right paint because unlike the rest of the coloured paint I've got I hadn't written on the lid which room 's colour it was. I think it's dried to the same colour. If not there is enough to paint over everything. Once the painting was done I cobbled together some odd bits of mdf and hardboard and made a neat box to go over the exposed sink pipes in another of the spare bedrooms. Then at last I was able to escape outdoors for some gardening. I dug up the roots of every buttercup and dock plant under the apple trees. It wasn't a moment too soon as I found one buttercup and some popweed already flowering. Then I settled down at the end of the slope where I intend to put in some grasses and flowering plants and dug up 2 bucketfuls of grass and stinging nettle roots. I had just decided that I should stop when the rain started. Perfect timing. To finish off my day I painted a first coat on the boxing before ironing a sheet that had been drying over the rayburn. 
Hen pheasant feather.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

As I read your daily accomplishments, I wish I could give you a pat on the back. You work hard, keep an eye out for more "needs to be done" and keep on keeping on. I think you deserve Wonder Woman status!!!

happyone said...

Busy busy busy. You get so much done in a day.