Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 17 March 2016

Poor Bunny.

It was a good drying day so first thing I got the washing machine going and waited until I could hang the bedding out on the line before going into town. While I was waiting for the washing I tidied up the pink bedroom so that I could take photographs. It's really hard to squish yourself into the corner to get as much of the room as possible in shot and the photos with the window in came out too dark because of the all the light pouring through the window. I'll have to try them again under different conditions. As I was about to go out the oil man drove down. We don't have to be in for them to fill up the oil tank which is round the back of the house but the tanker was blocking me in.
My first stop in town was to the dump to drop off yet more stuff. Then over to Lidl's to do some shopping and then I walked over the bridge into town. Unfortunately the car got so hot in the sun that the chocolate Easter bunny melted and now looks like roadkill. I guess that'll have to be my Easter treat. The lamb's ear also melted but the rest of it is okay. 
In town I delivered a large bag of stuff to a charity shop, went to the library, printed off some wedding photos at Boot's and went to the Post Office. I did some shopping at Tesco's and bought paint at B&Q before getting home around 3.00. I had a little sit down in the sun before starting on the ironing which took up the rest of the afternoon. 
On the way home I stopped in Shirwell by the old gates to Youlston Park as I could see that another tree had fallen down in the recent winds. 

2 comments:

Harriet said...

I truly love trees and when one is blown over it saddens me. Such is nature.

happyone said...

I know what you mean about taking pictures and trying to get the whole room in!!
You did well. : )