Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Colder.

It's been a day of mixed weather starting with some very heavy rain followed by sunshine and showers then just as I was thinking it was getting colder the next downpour was of hail along with some thunder. That sent me off to unplug the hub and phone line and then of course we were thunder-free for the rest of the day though we've just had more hail.
Looking at the sitting room radiators (before - above, after - below) I decided that 2 coats of paint were enough. Then as I carried on working in the conservatory I thought why not do something about the rusty wall heaters in there. As we have never used them and the conservatory has been used as a woodwork space I will advise that they be cleaned before trying to turn them on but painting them with black metal paint will make them look a bit neater. 
I'm finding it a struggle to motivate myself to clear the conservatory as I'm now having to tackle stuff in there that I used to ignore such as the circular saw in its stand or the chainsaw and accessories that are by their nature dusty/oily or the stacks of boxes of figures and paints. However it needs doing so I cleared out the chainsaw bag putting all the extra tools in a tray for Peter to sort. The conservatory looks in a big mess at the moment as everything is in the middle so that I could hoover up all the dust, paint the heaters and wash the stonework but I'm guessing it will eventually look better.
When I  had enough of the conservatory I went up and started dismantling the bikes so that I could load them into my car. It wasn't until I had carried 2 heavy frames down from the outbuildings that I realised it would be a lot easier to wheel the bikes down to the yard first. This I did with the third bike but that will have to wait for another day as it wouldn't fit in the back of my car. It seems such a shame to be throwing out the bikes especially Romas' trail bike but they are very rusty and there are better ones in the re-sale section of the dump so I guess nobody would want it. I've also loaded up boxes of books and DVDs to drop in to the charity shop on my way to the dump tomorrow.
(A garden tea light holder.)
Yesterday evening I was a bit concerned that Speedy and Patch weren't interested in their food. I wondered if there was something wrong with the bag of dried food especially as there were still biscuits left this morning. However this evening I noticed that the pair of them were looking somewhat rotund. Linking that with the current excess of rabbits explains why they weren't very hungry.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

When I paint, which really dislike, I am always pleased to stand back and appreciate not only the work but how fresh everything looks. Your radiator before and after reminded me of this.
Good job.