Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 7 March 2016

Dark Clouds.

For nearly all of the 16 years I've been working at Pilton Infants' this house has been hidden by 30ft conifers. A few weeks ago all the trees were chopped down, insurance liability possibly? They've planted a row of Leylandii which grow 3ft a year to separate their garden from the school field.
It was quite cloudy at home this morning but as I drove to work there were first tiny glimpses of blue and by the time I got into town there were enough gaps between the clouds for the sun to shine through. I took the above photos at lunchtime during a cloudy spell.
On my way home the dark clouds were looming once more and a few drops of rain landed on my windscreen.  
Then all change again as we had some golden sunlight before the sun went down. 
In the morning at home I did some painting in the yellow bedroom. Just some touching up as somehow the paint had dried in the sealed tub. That was after I had been out to put up the new washing line. The scaffolding pole seems nice and steady so I look forwards to being able to hang some washing out. There was a bit of a commotion up by the scree garden which turned out to be those 2 geese again who seem to have taken up residence under the shelter. When I got home after school I got out the white gloss paint and did the window sills and some skirting boards in 2 rooms. Then I had to spend some time preparing for DT with the reception children tomorrow.

2 comments:

happyone said...

What a lovely home!!
Today was like spring by me. : )
Fantastic pictures.

Harriet said...

All of your photos are wonderful. Especially the last one...looks golden. That's quite a big house.