Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Another Room Done.

It has been a very spring-like day. A few more clouds than yesterday but the wind wasn't so cold. I was up early to hang some washing out on the line before spending the rest of the morning emptying Romas' old room. The hardest item to take out was the mattress.  It's a good quality double with springs inside which make it very heavy but also very comfortable. Useful for when we have a full house. 
Eventually the room was cleared and after a final clean, ready to be photographed. 
This is the doorway with the step down into the room. The wood is rock solid now and I don't think anyone could tell that not so long ago it was a crumbling, split and wobbly piece of wood. 
Once I'd taken my photos I moved things back in. Mostly it's just empty boxes for when we need to pack up. We had also kept the packaging for our TVs and IT equipment. 
I had quite a fun afternoon at school. As it was so nice and sunny the class teacher asked me to take the children outside for PE and at the end of the afternoon the children had a scooter riding lesson. Most of the children had brought in their scooters and those that hadn't borrowed from the other class. Luckily it didn't fall to me to teach this lesson. That was done by a chap who came in specially (all to do with a keeping active initiative) and I just acted as his assistant. After work I drove over to Tesco's before driving home in the golden late afternoon sun.

No comments: