Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 March 2016

Lots of Sun.

We had sun from the very start of the day which made everything so cheerful. It had been a cold night as there was quite a frost on the ground and 2 deer were warming themselves up grazing in a sunny patch in the field. I started my day's work by painting the brackets over the front door with some metal paint. Then into the conservatory I went to put another layer of silicone on the ceiling after which it was washing and more washing inside the conservatory. 
Then off to school to teach my Year 1 classes about Easter. One little girl who does go to church was very knowledgeable about Easter but I had to hold her back a little and include the other children. One boy talked about Easter eggs and the Easter bunny but then said he wasn't too sure if the Easter bunny was real. I think the plethora of Easter eggs in the shops might have lead to that conclusion. 
I was out of school quickly (no waiting for delayed parents) and got home in time to paint a second coat of paint on the brackets and then do some more digging up of the spreading ornamental grasses. That's quite hard work so it's good to do it in small doses.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sunshine makes all the difference. A sunny day here too. : )