Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 10 March 2016

Sunny.

Both Squeaky and I were tempted outside by today's sunny weather. After a walk around the garden Squeaky found a windowsill where she could sleep in the sun while I cut back the santolina bushes to their springtime hedgehog state. 
I did do a little indoor work, a bit more gloss painting and I had come up with a solution to my carpentry problem. The 2 sides of the boxing are not joined but they both stand independently and just slide out should anyone need to get to the pipes under the sink.
As it was so lovely and sunny I cleared all the extra stuff out of the 2 bedrooms so that I could take some pictures of the rooms looking their best with the afternoon sun shining in through the windows.. 
Then for the first time this year I spent part of the afternoon sitting outside reading in the sun with the birds singing in the trees. Later on a man-with-a-van came to collect the long wooden dining table that I had sold on Gumtree. The lady who bought it was so excited as it was the perfect size for her dining area. I'm glad it has gone to a family home rather than the local antique dealer who had offered us less money anyway.
Earlier on Jack came round on a quad bike and to collect the chair and all that plastic sheeting that had blown down the back.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sounds lovely sitting outside in the sun reading. I enjoy that too. : )