Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 March 2016

Gutter Clearing.

It was grey but dry first thing so I had a morning of clearing out gutters. The ones at the back of the house were mainly filled with twigs from the recent storms and the one around the conservatory just had very dry leaves. The gutters at the front of the house are too high up for me to tackle so hopefully when one of the boys come down we can get those ones done. I also had a good start on tidying up the area at the back of the house, pulling up weeds and clearing leaves and twigs.
I came across this video of Manning's Pit. I've never been there but I pass a footpath to it on my journeys to work. It's sad to think that it will probably end up as just another expensive housing estate. All the children in the video are 'our' kids and I recognised some of the parents too plus there are a couple of good examples of the true North Devon accent.
At school, having thought that today was the end of term for me I suddenly realised that tomorrow is an inset training day which means me too. We have to be in school for 8.30 in suitable clothing for a day of PE. I had better take my pain relief gel along. I've loaded up my car with old bikes and parts to take to the dump after we finish at school.
Our noisy neighbours, the rooks.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Dear Ruta, Lovely photos and I did watch the video. Sadly, progress comes at a price that is often too high leaving people with memories only. Manning Pit is lovely and sadly will not remain an area to enjoy solitude and nature. One of the ladies said it best...."it will only be housing". I hope before the area is destroyed you and Peter are able to take a walk in the beautifully depicted landscape.