Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 March 2016

Rain.

As promised the rain has set in. We had light drizzle in the morning which continued on getting heavier as the day went on. At least it's a good test of my conservatory roof repair and so far not a drop has got through. Whenever it rains I get tempted not to do anything at all but I had some indoor jobs scheduled and after a slow start I did get round to them. Before having yet another washing down session inside the conservatory I made a start refurbishing the radiator in the hall. It had some flaking paint and rust along the bottom which didn't look very good. Today I scraped off all the loose paint and then sanded the rust away. That done I painted the bare metal with some white metal primer. I have bought some proper white radiator paint (in the bedrooms we just painted the radiators with the wall paint) and I'll paint the sitting room radiators with it too as they are looking rather yellow. Naturally I had cleaned and put away my paintbrush before discovering some big chips of paint knocked off the radiator that usually has a small table in front of it. If I was going to be using the metal primer again I decided that I should also treat the flaky paint and rust along the bottom of our cheap microwave. It's now sanded and ready for a quick spot of primer before we go to bed.

No comments: