Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 19 March 2016

Chilly.

It's been one of those days when the sky was almost white and the easterly wind was bitterly cold. No wonder the cats preferred to cosy up to the rayburn. (One of them was snoring as I took this photo. I think it was Patch though Speedy snores as well.)
I've done a lot of painting, no mishaps this time. My first task was to paint another coat of gloss on the porch soffits. By the time I had finished my poor fingers were frozen as I hadn't realised just how cold it was. I was quite glad to spend the rest of the day working in the conservatory out of the wind. While it is fairly obvious that the conservatory needs a total overhaul I can at least make it look a little more inviting by getting rid of the cobwebs and generally cleaning up. My Vax, back in hoovering mode was especially handy for reaching up to the ceiling to remove the old cobwebs and bits of insects caught up there. The 2 beams were painted with the black tile paint that is like molasses it's so thick. I had already decided to clear out one of the white wicker chairs but it wasn't until I was half-way through washing and painting the other 2 that I decided it was probably time to re-home them as well. 
In order to reduce the food in our freezer we've been making an effort to use up stuff on the weekends. I would be content to carry on with my salads every day but as part of our Saturday Scavenge I took out a packet of frozen shortcrust pastry and made an onion and bacon flan. I used the pastry trimmings to make some cheese straws but we ate them before I thought about taking a photo. 

No comments: