Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 March 2016

Winter's Back.

It seems like winter is not over yet. With parts of the country badly affected by snow our garden was just a little white this morning. Only hail though there was much excitement at school over the snow that fell as the children were arriving in the morning. Nothing settled and the sun was back out this afternoon followed by some heavy rain later on. 
I had been asked to teach in the afternoon which as Friday afternoons are generally more relaxed was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon. In the morning I painted one wall in a spare bedroom. I might as well freshen up the rooms with the paint left over from the original painting. Every time I think that a room is ready to be photographed I spot more cracks and holes which need filling. Bringing up 3 boys was quite hard on the structure of the house. 
After work it took me an hour to drive across town to pick up our prescriptions, buy a few things in Lidl's and sit in innumerable traffic jams. A good thing that's not my usual route home. I also found out that although I wont get my state pension until I'm 66 I will at least get free prescriptions when I'm 60.
Once home I had a session filling all those cracks and holes I spotted in the morning so that I can do more painting tomorrow.

No comments: