Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Sunny Afternoon.

After a chilly grey start the day turned into another bright  spring day. This morning I sorted through all the 'spare' duvets and pillows. Even after hanging onto enough bedding for 7 visitors there is still a pile of pillows and a sad duvet that will be heading off to the dump. While I was doing that I noticed some cracks around the window frame in the pink room which have now been filled in with decorator's caulk. Luckily there is still some of the pink paint left to finish off the job. I also put back the metal strip that covers the carpet join in the doorway.
At school my class had more outdoor PE. This time it was a tennis taster lesson with somebody from the local tennis centre. Because the afternoon timetable had been shuffled around I found myself out in the playground with just my class. It was so nice to watch them play together without the usual crowd of children. One little boy came over to me and said " We've had dinner with God." So I asked what they had eaten. "Roast dinner ," was the reply.
After school we had a training session about provision for children with special needs and how data and cost effectiveness (cost of provision v results) should be recorded to show the Ofsted inspectors. I'm so glad that I'm not full-time.
Coming home I startled a couple of hen pheasants in the field. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Is the heather I spy? Lovely, I hope the little boy enjoyed his dinner with God....children often say the oddest things. I imagine you smile a lot.