Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 January 2017

Frosty.

Woke up this morning to see the sun twinkling on the frosted garden. I'm a sucker for shiny things but it's very hard to capture those sparkles. It was also quite cold but warmed up later in the day. I ran the hoe over the weeds in the plants beds hoping the next frost will finish them off as that's something I can do without bending down. It's a reflection of our local climate that the most prolific weed was the moss. The concrete under the washing lines is almost covered with emerald green cushiony moss.  
I spent the day collating notes for my journal, 2016 is now all done, and reading about the storms and flooding at the beginning of last year had me back outside to replace the dams across the road. I'd taken them away for the last viewing but you never know when storms will strike.
The postman came in the afternoon bringing me a tiny dragon to sit on my ear. Can't really call it an earring more ear jewellery. It's only a very cheap bit of costume jewellery but it makes me happy even if it isn't suitable for a 60 year old. Although it feels heavy in the hand I'm wearing it at the moment and can hardly feel it. Somehow I don't think I'll be wearing it into work.

No comments: