Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 January 2017

Grey.

Only a little  wind today so not very cold. I went out in the afternoon, initially to tidy up the wall by the scree garden but then I did some leaf picking in the scree garden itself. It takes a while to get the whole area done but the stones look so good when they are clear. At least I think so.
Not much else going on today except a bit of piano and guitar practice. Peter cooked up a beef stew yesterday using up all the root vegetables from the basket. If it was me I would just throw everything in and hope for the best but he looked up a recipe and measured out all the herbs and spices. I'm sure it will taste lovely.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Like you, Ruta, I tend to throw it all in ... I realize a recipe and measuring is a good thing and very often the correct thing. However, I continue to prefer my 'inventions'.

happyone said...

Yummy, I bet that stew tasted good. I'd like a bowl right about now. : )