Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 March 2023

Blue Skies.

A real change in the view today with pastel shades in the morning turning later to tropical blues.
It was so good to see that the sun has finally reached our north facing garden. However I still have lots to do for my house blitz before I can devote all my days to being outside. The alcove shelves had another coat of paint and are now in place. All the gaps due to the uneven walls have been filled in since although the current plan is to put books on those shelves so most of the gaps woud be out of sight I like to do a job properly. You never know, I might want to use them as display sheves rather than book shelves in the future.
The middle part of the day was taken up with our Zoom class. Before we began the lesson our tutor spoke about the National Eisteddfod which I'm ashamed to say I didn't know very much about. I knew it had competitions for Welsh poetry and song but that was it. In fact it is a festival and celebration with over a thousand different competitons/classes in every aspect of Welsh culture. There are also exhibitions, displays, crafts and music of every genre. She also told us about the Eisteddfod Urdd, the young people's/chirdren's event. Heats for all the performance competitions are held in schools then at a regional level and finally there is national festival which this year may be held at Mach.
It seems to be non stop building work up here with a constant stream of builders' vans and delivery vehicles. Not surprising when so many of the houses are either holiday or retirement homes for people who have enough money for home improvements. That's one reason why it's so hard to get builders to come and work but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the bathroom might get done by the summer.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Blue skies over blue water - beautiful!