Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 1 March 2023

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Hapus

Happy St David's Day. 
St David is the patron saint of Wales who died on the 1st of March 589.
Today has been wintry and cold with a few light showers in the morning turning to steadier rain in the afternoon.
First thing this morning we were surpised by the arrival of one of our builders and his lads. (He sent a text yesterday evening but Peter hadn't checked his phone.) They had come to re-do the gutter on the street side of the house. When they replaced all the gutters none of us realised that only one of the two downpipes went into the drains with the other going into a soakaway. Naturally I picked the wrong one and I'm sure that so much water in the ground has contributed to the damp problem at that corner of the house. Now the majority of the water will go into the drains and the water from the other down pipe will feed a garden water butt.  While all this was going on the council man came and replaced the sign post - sigh!
I didn't go to the zoo this morning because my back was sore after last night and also I like to be here when the builders are working. What I did do was paint two more coats on the walls of the alcove and carry on with the crochet now that I've more or less sorted out how to do the design. Just enough time now for a voice warm-up and then I'll be off to choir.

 

No comments: