Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 30 March 2023

No Milk!

Today the warmer winds brought frequent rain with the ocassional sunny spell.
The day did not begin well when Peter went found we had run out of milk for our morning cup of tea. Something that is even more vital to the waking up process when you're still coughing and spluttering after covid. Luckily we had an emergency supply of dried milk though on reflection a herb or fruit tea might have tasted better. I still remember my granny making up dried milk to have on cereal and it wasn't very nice then either. The shop is only five minutes walk away so once he was fully awake Peter went down and got us some fresh milk.
After breakfast I had time for a shelf painting session before our Zoom class. More work on the imperfect past tense and what do you know but there's yet another yes/no to learn. This time it's the equivalent of Yes I was/Yes I did. I think it might be easier if we had to translate them as the longer version rather than Yes and No and having to remember which Yes or No to use. We're up to seven different Yes/No and of course most have different forms depending on who is the subject of the sentence.
We had another sunny spell when class finished and I was tempted to go for a beach walk but instead I did some weeding out in the back garden. One of the pleasures of having a small garden is that you can weed the whole thing in a reasonable time. There were not too many weeds apart from the millions of Welsh poppy seedlings which are springng up everywhere. Such a shame that poppies can be toxic to some animals so I can't introduce them at the zoo. I left the fennel seedlings which I'll pot up soon as I might find somewhere to replant them. The rain sent me back indoors before I had the chance to tie in the latest new growth of the various climbers.
Fortunately the rain stopped before it was time to walk down to the hall for an hour's exercise leaping about to loud disco music. 
That car is still parked opposite our bedroom window. We've asked the neighbours, they asked the neighbours further up the road but nobody knows who the car belongs to. One of our neighbours contacted the police but no it hasn't been reported as stolen. Very strange. If it stays there for weeks all we can do is report it to the council. I have been able to reverse back into our drive but it's a lot more tricky now.
 

No comments: