Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 24 March 2023

Stormy.

Wonderfully wild and stormy today with a lot of sun too. My perfect weather.
A very high tide again this morning, 5.4m. As we ate breakfast every now and then 20ft high plumes of spray shot up above the cliff.
Down on the beach the waves were reaching right up the beach into the gardens of the houses along there. While it would be exciting to live in one of those houses buying one would not have been a sensible choice. Anyway they are very expensive and are owned by people who either are making lots of money from holiday lets or who aren't worried about the long term.

Below - not my photo but another view of the waves at the spot seen above as they top the substantial sea wall.
Peter drove into town this morning to stock up our depleted food supplies. That car is still there (I checked and it's taxed and insured). He was was able to reverse back into our drive from the opposite direction to me but I think I would struggle. However I shan't be going anywhere for a while as I'm still feeling rough.
Today I had nothing extra to do which was a relief and then in the afternoon the sun was shining on the terrace. I wrapped up well and did my crochet outside with the sun on my back and the waves crashing below. Bliss.
As we ate our breakfast a pair of oystercatchers were hunting for worms on the cliff.
I took a shot of the moon yesterday evening and then missed an amazing opportunity. The Northern lights were again visible from Wales and could even be seen from Borth. Right at the time I'd got up and gone to watch tv for a few hours!!!! I'm gutted at missing them. I'd turned off my PC earlier so missed the post on the village page. Such a shame.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh my, the waves coming right in the front gardens like that would be a bit scary. You got some great pictures!!!