Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 10 March 2023

Still Snowy.

Woke this morning to see more snow up on the hills. The weather station at Ynyslas recorded wind speeds of 65 knots/75 mph yesterday evening but we were tucked up nice and cosy here. I did wonder why the garden waste bag was half-way down the back garden.
This morning was the first time I've seen snow on the Llyn Peninsula but it had all gone by the afternoon. I think the reason why the arrival of snow is such a newsworthy item is that it's a rare occurance for most of the country. Even living in in the Devon hills we only got snow for one year in three and then usually for just a few days at a time. And generally the snow was confined to up in the hills.
I've spent some time today doing my crochet but I've also made a start on Spring cleaning our bedroom. A bit of a task when the bedroom is nowhere near completion. Today I pulled out half of the under-bed storage boxes, hoovered and then washed the lids. I left them open for a while to air them but really I need to get things out on the line when the weather is better. I did some re-arranging of the contents but I didn't find anything to give away (yet). 
Afternoon sun.

 

No comments: