Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 March 2023

Chop, Chop.

Grey and very wet today.
While Peter went into town I made a start on the shelves. I didn't get very far because after I'd cut the first shelf  I saw that the other end of the plank had a long (2ft) split. I manoeuvered that plank onto the floor, heaved up another onto the chairs and found that one had some small splits in the middle which would put them at the ends of the shelves. At that point I stopped and waited for Peter to come home and give his opinion. (I do listen to him sometimes.) He was able to reassure me that as the wood wasn't split all the way through it will be fine. I can also put some wood glue in the splits to stop them from getting worse. So I carried on and cut all six shelves and didn't have to use the bit with the worst spilt. Peter will cut the 24 short upright pieces with the circular saw. I moved the all wood into the bathroom and sanded down the edges to take off the sharpness. By the time I cleared up the mess that was enough for one day.
Off soon to choir so I better have a quick practice of the current set of songs.
 

No comments: