Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 19 March 2023

Mothers' Day.

Happy Mothering Sunday.
A day to think about our own mothers and maybe for our children to think about us. For me it's a day when I feel sad that we have chosen to live so far away from our boys but that is how it is in our society. I had cards from both the boys and a lovely bunch of flowers from Vytas was delivered in the morning. (Just had a nice long conversation with him too.) Not to mention a goodly supply of chocolates, fudge and Bailey's from Peter.
Peter is slowly on the mend while I'm going downhill with some nasty cold symptoms. I got a bit of a chill at the end of the walk when we stopped at the outdoor tables to continue chatting, began aching on the drive home and by the time I got home my temperature was 35.8C. That's a cold. A couple of my daily strong painkillers, coffee, fudge and warm clothes and I'm feeling more normal.
Today's walk was in the grounds of Llanerchaeron. An 18thC Welsh gentry estate. 
Again it was an easy level walk mostly on paths and the disused railway line. 
We walked along the River Aeron, a proper sized river this time, and through some squelchy meadows.


We stopped for lunch at the old railway station (photos tomorrow) before crossing the meadow in front of the house and back to the National Trust tea room at the car park. There we sat outside to chat about days gone by. It's amazing to think that amongst us there were those that remembered washing being done with a wooden dolly, scrubbing boards and big iron mangles. More memories of the old twin tub washing machines or machines that had a small mangle on the top. I don't remember seeing or hearing a mangle being used but I loved my little spin dryer.
The light was quite dull and the air had a nasty chill but I'm glad I went on the walk. Even if it was a 45 minute drive away.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear you had a nice Mother's Day. The flowers are lovely. As I'm sure you know ours is in May.