Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 20 March 2023

Mild.

Mild and wet today, perfect conditions for sea mist and low clouds forming in the river valleys. Apparently it's the first day of spring (if you go by the equinox) though meteorological spring started on the first of March. The birds have been singing since then so I guess they agree with the meteorologists.
Last night I remembered that we still have some covid tests so I tested myself and what do you know? I have covid. No doubt Peter has too but he refuses to test and although he had symptoms several days before me with an altered sense of taste he insists he caught it from me after I went to choir. I put this irrational behaviour down to a lack of sleep as unlike me he has been waking up frequently each night. As to me it's like having a bad cold verging on the 'flu which Vytas assures me is standard for people who've been vaccinated. (For most people vaccination keeps you out of hospital.) Naturally I've pulled out of all this week's activities and am not even doing any painting. While painting itself doesn't take much effort, moving large planks of wood and stretching to get to the ends does so that will have to wait until next week.

I haven't done much today, just split my flowers into two vases, done my Duo Lingo and made a big pot of soup. Sort of vegetable soup, a base of a jar tomato pasta with onions, garlic and whatever was in the fridge; white cabbage, celery, leeks and dry Lithuanian sausage. Comfort food that will keep us going for a few days. 

Photos from Yesterday.

Here we are walking up onto the platform of the old station. The station was closed in 1951 and the line closed in 1963. I love the shape of the roof of the old corrugated iron waiting room in which the handy bench is kept. We brought it out to sit on to eat our lunch and returned it before we left. 


Views of the estate chapel which was also designed by John Nash.




1 comment:

happyone said...

NICE chapel.
Happy Spring though it didn't feel much like spring here this morning at 18F degrees.