Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 9 March 2023

Snow in the Village.

There was a scattering of snow on the ground here in the village first thing this morning but by the time we got up the heavy rain had washed it away. It's been raining all day and although there was snow almost down to the estuary it's gradually been retreating back up the slopes. Further into the hills some roads are blocked including the main routes out towards England.
We still had our Zoom class and most of the class had snow or were snowed in. Only a few more days and I'm sure it will be gone.
We've now begun learning about another set of mutations, six initial letters that change when the word follows yn (when it means in). That didn't sound too bad but then the yn also changes and takes on the new letters. Okay, so that's more complicated but then because as often happens in Welsh there's no point in repeating two consonants the spoken word drops one of them. eg Wales = Cymru, in = yn but in Wales = yng Nghymru which when spoken becomes yng (Ng)hymru [ung hum-ree]. My poor little brain cells.
I've done my Duo Lingo, now the blog and soon I'll be marching down to the hall for some leaping about with gay abandon otherwise known as disco aerobics. It's raining heavily again so I might take the car.


 

No comments: