Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 31 March 2023

Wet.

(Rewriting my blog after a major connection failure, something to do with my antivirus. Peter has fixed it but he gets very cross and I get berated for ignoring and for not ignoring messages from the anti virus.) Lots of rain today with a few dry spells.
The very occasional moments of sun brought some welcome colour to the sea.
While Peter went off to town to do some shopping including spending nearly £80 on strong brackets for the shelves, I painted the shelves again. I won't paint a third coat on the wood for the upright pieces until after Peter has cut them to size. That might take a while as Peter needs to reassemble the circular saw after he dismantled it to change the blade.
During one of the dry spells I tied in all the new growth of the climbers in the back garden. I'm happy to report that 26 climbers have made it through the winter with some already developing flower buds. Most are clematis but there are also passion flowers, honeysuckles and a perennial pea. I didn't plant the vinca, it's making its way through from next door's garden.
The mystery of the car has been solved. Peter saw somebody getting in and driving away this morning and from his description, high-viz jacket, burly chap, it is probable that the car belongs to a builder brought in to work on one of the big building projects around here. If it was the one  up the road there were generally three or four work vans parked on the road outside so no room for an expensive car.

 

No comments: