Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 13 March 2023

Stormy.

A wild and stormy day today. The winds are blowing from the south-west and aren't cold but they are very strong and have brought a lot of rain. This morning I was almost blown over several times by strong gusts of wind as I walked across the car park in Mach.
We went up to Mach this morning for our regular meet-up with our friends in the library. Part of our discussion today was about clarifying the two separate words for to have. One is for referring to something that continues eg I had a cold while the other word refers to a short action eg I had a cake. Luckily so far we don't have to get our heads around the common usage in South Welsh where instead of saying John has a car you say There is a car with John. I'm still very confused.
It was raining so heavily in Mach that I only had a very quick drop in at a couple of charity shops then bought some picture hooks and porridge oats before heading home. I spent part of the afternoon doing some sewing at the dinning table while looking out at the stormy sea. No surfers today.


As promised a few more photos from yesterday's walk. (Above) A pair of typical stone built Welsh cottages.
This is the Jezreel Baptist Chapel, first built in 1829 and rebuilt in 1842. I couldn't find any other information on-line but the photos I saw were of a derelict building. It now looks to be refurbished, I wonder if it's a home now?
The log cabin style house.
We passed a number of fields with horses in, mostly big cobs (carthorse type). I always preferred riding sturdy horses though they can be very strong. (Horses aren't used for farming in the UK except maybe on a few heritage or alternative lifestyle farms.) These ones were very friendly and I had some happy momments of warm horsey breath as I let them sniff my hand.
Baa, baa brown sheep - a Welsh black mountain sheep.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like the stone Welsh houses!!!
Those are my favorite kind of horses. Beautiful!