Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 11 March 2023

Wet.

There was still snow up on the hills this morning but it has been raining all day so who knows what's left up there?
This morning a fishing boat was out in the bay. I assume from the rig that it's a trawler but I don't know what kind. It would be sad if it's dredging the bottom as that destroys everything that the dredge goes over. I've looked on-line for more information but the marine records are a bit vague for this ship- the Genesis from Aberystwyth. The owner was ? and the use was given as potter? but that's a trawling rig. However zooming in on the photo the deck is full of lobster pots, that's a relief.
After breakfast I took Speedy to the vet for his yearly check up as they won't hand out more flea treatment without. The vet declared Speedy not over or under weight and advised me to watch out for skin cancer on the white bit of Speedy's ear. I'm doing the right thing by putting factor 30/50 sun block on his ear in the summer. On the plus side they don't charge for the check up but the spot-on tubes cost over £50. To improve the experience for Speedy he had some Dreamies which he only ever gets when he goes to the vet or I have to give him medicine. I also tried him with those tubes of cat treat paste and he loved them. He had one in the waiting room and another in the car before I quickly popped into Lidl for milk and a few other bits. On the way home from Aber I stopped at the builders' merchants and bought paint and the wood for the new shelves. I had hoped that the wood came in set lengths, maybe 2.4m like the trim or 2.5 but no, they have it in random lengths. I had to show my list of measurements to the guy in the wood store and he pulled out the wood he thought I needed. Two of the pieces are nearly 6m long and they will not cut it so that's how they'll be delivered. It's going to be fun getting those into the house.
In the afternoon I did a bit more blitzing in the bedroom pulling out the rest of the storage boxes from under the beds and wiping the tops and hoovering right under the bed. I finished off with some more crocheting. I can't work with Speedy on my lap my to his annoyance so he had to make do with sitting in the armchair.
 

No comments: