Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 March 2023

Chilly.

Just a few glimpses of blue today leaving us with a cold grey day but no rain until late in the afternoon.
More coughing and less spluttering from me though I did not appreciate losing an hour from the night as we moved into British summer time. Not that we get up at a set time but I don't really like being in bed for too long. 
Our lifeboat crew has training on Sunday mornings and this week they were joined by the crew from one of the neighbouring lifeboat stations in their next size up lifeboat. In our house things were going at a much more leisurely pace.
As well as giving the air plants their weekly swim in rain water I did some pottering with the houseplants before returning to my crochet project. I completed the next square and blocked it. Rather than have each square in shades of only one colour I want to carry each colour across a number of squares to create a more cohesive look while not trying to make identical squares. 

Out in the garden after weeks of being a splash of colour the daffodils are beginning to be past their best. The spring starflowers have also been flowering for weeks. I'm glad I was able to salvage so many from the garden. There are still three large potfuls which I intend to put in the troughs on the inside of the street wall to give some early colour before the nastutiums and montbretia emerge. There are a couple in there already and they seem to be coping well with the windy conditions.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The squares are really pretty!!