Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 16 March 2023

Grey.

Warm, wet and windy today with little to see but greyness.
Peter woke this morning with a nasty cold and I've a feeling he's passed it onto me. However I'm still planning on going to aerobics this evening. Perhaps a good exercise session will boost my immune system, either that or finish me off.
The work on the bookshelves is still on schedule. The wood had two lots of knotting solution dabbed onto the knots. One before and one after class. It's a kind of varnish that stops the sap seeping out of the knots and making yellow marks through the paint. The instructions on the tin said to apply a second coat if needed after 15 minutes. I don't know how you are supposed to tell if you need a second coat as it would be a bit late once you've done all the painting. Some of the knots were very black so I went over them all just to be sure. I also pushed wood glue into any splits. 
Today's Welsh class was more work on those nasal mutations which was combined with brushing up reading place names. Our tutor had an assesor join the class and although she was there to watch our tutor of course most of us went into rabbit in the headlights mode. Then we went into our first breakoutroom with some set questions to ask each other and there was the assesor joining my group. She was a pleasant lady but I get self concious if I have to talk in front of a new person. I'm totally happy to gabble away in pigeon-Welsh with Peter and our friends. The other week I had the library lady in stitches over my version of mango which was the Welsh for man & go (dyn-mynd). (There isn't a Welsh word for mango, you just say mango!)
I've just got time to do a bit more crochet before I go down to the hall. I've nearly done the first square and am doing two rows of black to finish off. Each square will have the same off-set design but in different colours with black around the outside to link them all together.
 

No comments: