Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 18 March 2023

Misty.

The weather today has been a battle between sea mist and the sun with the sea mist generally winning. It was lovely when the sun shone and I noticed people walking past carrying rather than wearing their coats. A shame that didn't last. Eventually the rain arrived at the end of the afternoon.
It wasn't until 5.00 that I realised it was Saturday and not Friday as I thought. I put this down to not listening to the radio in the morning but getting up straight away and sleepwalking my way through the morning routine. I guessed rightly that Peter would still be feeling rough (he's on the mend now) and when you know that no one else is going to do things you just get on with them. At least that's the way I feel. I have a cough and a tickly throat and some brain fog but generally for me it's only a cold. I ended up getting both my Duo Lingo and piano practice done before breakfast which cheered me up.
I carried on with painting the other side of shelves with primer and have worked out the best way to arrange the shelves for painting. The undercoat and vinyl silk are water based paints so should dry more quickly than the oil based primer and I might even get both sides done in a day.
After starting the next crochet square I was able to fit in a some gardening in the back garden. A little weeding, cutting back of last year's dead growth (hope we don't get another cold spell) and tying in the everlasting pea and a few of of the clematis which are already shooting up.



 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I've done that before too, thinking it was a different day than it was!! :)
Sorry you have a cold and hope you're better soon.