Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 23 March 2023

Showers.

A bit of blue today and a lot of showers. 
Some of the showers were very heavy and this morning a tidal flood warning for lower Borth including the zoo was in place due to a very high tide pushing up the small river that runs behind the houses and excess rainwater flowing into the river from the hills above. Haven't heard anything as I'm stuck indoors. The bad weather may also have contributed to my Zoom connection failing twice during Welsh class. The first time everything froze on my pc but I could hear voices from Peter's study. As I'd  already said that we had covid (knew all that work on illnesses would come in handy) our tutor thought I might not be feeling well until Peter explained what had happened. With the connection dial going round and round I picked up my work folder and joined Peter in his study. I was able to reconnect during the coffee break but lost it again not long after. Peter thinks it might be down to dirty tricks between Google and Microsoft over Zoom and a new chat app as my other programmes were still connected and working. 
This car has been parked opposite our house since yesterday afternoon. It's not illegal to park there but should we drive off our drive (directly opposite the telegraph pole) it would be very difficult to reverse back into the drive again to park. Espcially for me as I always reverse in swinging round from the middle of the road where the car is. I can't even think why that car is parked there. There are only 10 houses on our road and while a few do not have off road parking that car could have been parked in front of their houses rather than semi blocking our drive.

After class I settled in the sitting room to crochet and watch the beach in comfort.

 

No comments: