Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 17 March 2023

Sunshine.

Warm, windy and sunny. A good drying day which I was happy to take advantage of. Later in the afternoon it clouded over and we had rain again but that bit of sun was a real boost to my spirits. It was so nice to be able to sit outside with a cup of coffee enjoying the wonderful sea colours and then to top it off I had a brief sighting of a single dolphin fishing under the cliffs.
Peter is still feeling rough with his cough and sore throat, not a cold as his temperature went up a degree rather than down but some sort of virus. I'm still hoping that the headache I've had all day is a result of a change in the air pressure rather than the start of the same virus but my throat is feeling a bit tickly, oh no. And I must have been too enthusiastic at aerobics last night as I was woken twice by severe cramps in my leg. At the moment while trying my best to follow the dance moves I'm being careful not to bounce on the balls of my feet yet as I know my knee wouldn't take it but it's hard to judge how much I can do.
The next stage of the bookshelves is to paint the planks, top bottom and edges, with wood primer. I had hoped to get this all done today but only did one side of each plank. Apart from the long drying time for the primer moving 9 heavy planks ranging from 8-10ft round the bathroom and into positions where I could paint them was hard work. It took several hours and I had to do a lot of bending and twisting. I'll paint the other sides of the planks tomorrow and may not even do all of them at once. Best to be sensible.
After painting I baked another bara brith this time following the recipe more closely ie less mixed fruit instead of throwing in the whole packet. I've already had a small slice and it's very tasty.
When I took this photo of the cheerful daffodils in the front garden I thought this was one of the UK's 270 species of bee but a closer inspection reveals it to be a hoverfly pretending to be a bee. (Bigger eyes and only one set of wings.)
Having finished the first of the crochet squares I 'blocked' it not something I normally do but with different weight wools and my initial attempts to work out the pattern it was looking a bit wonky. It has ended up being 22 inches across. All I have to do now is make the rest of the squares the same size.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Pretty daffodils.
Hope Peter is back to feeling fine real soon.