Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 29 October 2018

A Trip To The Vet.


5.30 and the sun has gone down. Time to hibernate I think. It's been a crisp cold day with a frosty start. 
Speedy is now sporting a 'cone of shame' following a visit to the vet. He scraped his leg last week and it was healing but yesterday I saw that he had licked it raw and made it much worse. Hence the visit to the vet which cost £54 for a 10 minute consultation, the cone and some antibiotic tablets. The next time I spot an injury however small that cone is going straight back on. Speedy was such a wimp, as soon as the vet came near him he climbed up my front and had to be examined while he clung onto me for dear life. No swelling in the joint but antibiotics just in case. Two tablets a day for five days (they'd run out of the liquid antibiotics). Luckily the tablets are fairly small and Speedy gobbled down the first one pushed into a piece of cheese.
I will admit to laughing as I watched Speedy being brought to a halt each time the cone caught on something. He's tried pawing at it and walking backwards away from it to no avail. Lots of tail swishing but that's how it has to be for the next 5 days. The vet said to keep him in so the litter tray has been moved back into the conservatory from the garden. They're not that keen on going out when it's so cold anyway.
I have taken off the sticker that said small dog size. 
Before going to the vet I had to drive across town to collect a car scratch repair kit from a lady who had posted it on the Free FB page. I'd looked at the map on my PC and jotted down brief directions but failed to notice that the road was in two sections. I found the first part easily but the numbers began at no 10 and I was looking for no 6. I got some vague directions from a passer by but then got held up behind a highways vehicle that blocked the road while it repainted the white lines on a speed hump. It took one more turn around until I found the correct house where I collected the unused repair kit. Saves me spending out for one to tidy up the key marks all down the side of our car before they get rusty. The 'Don't Bin It' group is handy for giving away and getting stuff but also has comments looking for recommendations, warnings about road conditions and other community chit-chat. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh poor Speedy, hope he heals quickly.