Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 8 October 2018

Grey.

A typical autumn day, grey but not too cold. The council grass cutters turned up early this morning leaving rows of grass cuttings that will no doubt rot down into an unsavoury mess.  
Shiny conkers are so luscious.
Peter and I both had physiotherapy appointments at the hospital with the same girl this afternoon. As Peter had guessed there's not much that extra exercise can do to improve his joints the next step being a steroid injection from the doctor. Funny, isn't that where he started?  
At my appointment it was the turn of my shoulder to be investigated. It was damaged 47 years ago when a horse and I parted company going over a field gate and flares up every now and again. I showed the physiotherapist the exercises I'm already doing  and she changed them slightly. I don't need to go back unless I run into any problems but apparently I'm doing all the right things apart from easing off on gardening and other activities. Pilates is good though and works all the right muscles.
As I walked to the hospital there were signs of autumn all around; conkers on the ground, leaves changing colour and berries and fluffy seed heads in the hedgerows. 

No comments: