Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 October 2018

Sunny.

With the hot sun shining  what else could we do but head out to the coast for a refreshing walk around Morte Point. Now that it's October you can park for free on the road outside the Post Office. No worrying about how long you've been and a few pounds saved.
Even in the short stretches of shade it didn't feel cold, perfect shorts and vest weather. 
Down in seal gully three seals were also enjoying the sun and watching the people up on the path. 


Our usual coffee stop bench was in the shade so we continued on around the Point and sat up on the weathered rocks to enjoy coffee and biscuits. 

There were quite a few people on the main path but the paths cutting across the hill were mostly empty. 
 Look at the size of these mushrooms.
As soon as we got home I picked up the bag of grass cuttings and did my usual round of dump, BJ's and Lidl's and for a change Asda to collect some vest tops I'd ordered on line. The last time I was there I bought two loose V-necked vests (black naturally). There were only four on the rail, two in a small size and two in large size. I tried one on and worked out that I could alter it to my personal style and there was a discount if you bought two which is why I ended up with two. As they were the last of the summer stock I wondered if that style would ever reappear. I found I was able to order two more on-line to keep for the future. I've got four of my favourite ribbed vest tops (in different colours) that are too worn to wear and I can't find any comparable replacements around. My visit to BJ's was less successful as I'd hoped to get a couple of trays of hardy cyclamen but they'd all gone.
Pilates again tonight but not for the next two weeks as first our teacher is going on holiday and then it is half term.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh they are nice views of the sea. Great place for walking.