Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 26 October 2018

Winter Is Coming.

It's been a cold day of sunny spells and wintry showers. The morning showers included a double (if you look carefully) rainbow ending behind the trees at Bradiford. 
Between squalls the sun shone but I wasn't tempted out, not with the  wind blowing straight down from the artic.
In the afternoon the changing angle of the sun gave us a rainbow at the back of the house.  
One especially fierce squall brought not only rain and wind but hailstones too. I'm glad I got the geraniums brought inside in time.
I spent my afternoon writing up more notes for my journal. Usually I jot down a line each day which I then combine to make notes for each season before actually writing in my journal. However I didn't do this for last winter when so much was going on with settling down after the move, making repairs and getting workmen in. With the way the blog is laid out it is easier to start at the end of each month and work backwards which takes a little getting used to. It is interesting to see how much things have changed since we first moved in. At least we now have heating upstairs for when it gets cold.

1 comment:

happyone said...

You don't often get to see a double rainbow. NICE!