Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 October 2018

Chilly.

It rained heavily in the early hours (so I'm told) and was still raining when I did wake at 8.00. I had to be up and about on time today to be in time for the choir's flash mob in the High Street and workshop in the library. My large multi-coloured golf umbrella kept me dry on my walk down to town and while we sang out in the street. We couldn't sing in Green Lanes (the small shopping mall) without permission but there were plenty of rather surprised people out in the street and I saw a number of them filming us on their phones. At the library we were jammed into the lobby which led to some furniture rearrangement. I think there were about 30-40 of us and maybe half a dozen extra people joining in. Near me in the tenors was a chap who I'm sure was a mole from one of the other local choirs. He had what I'd call a Welsh male voice choir voice, think Bread of Heaven. He would be an asset if he did join our choir. After a fun time singing some of our easier repertoire most of us then adjourned to the local Boston Tea Party café for coffee, chat and yes another song. We must have taken up most of the upstairs section and the other patrons fell into a stunned silence as we belted out Happy Together.
The wind today was blowing from the north and bitterly cold. The recent warm weather must have tricked this primrose in the front garden into producing a couple of flowers. The afternoon was mainly taken up with exercises but I did rethread some beads from a broken necklace to make another anklet. We put some new batteries in the door bell but it kept on making a loud ticking so we'll get a new one instead.
The ever changing skyscape never fails to fascinate me but it's difficult to capture the intense colours.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

I am sure your choir brought aamiles and joy to many people.

happyone said...

I ditto what Harriet said. : )