Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 October 2018

Stormy.

Woke this morning to strong winds and rain lashing at the windows. Great for a lazy morning in bed, not so good for walking into town. The rain had almost died out by the afternoon so I headed out to town then. What I hadn't factored in was the general warmth so before walking back home I took off my sweaty hoody and stuffed it in my  backpack as a light jacket was more than sufficient for the conditions. The rain returned in the evening while the continuing wind will no doubt strip more leaves from the acers.
As I walked into town the roads and pavements were strewn with twigs, leaves and in places red with berries blown from overhanging laurel bushes. Coming back I sped up when walking under a couple of large trees not wanting to increase the risk of a branch blowing down on me. At least the wind was in my back on the way home helping to push me up the hill. In town I had hoped to find some trays of cyclamen for sale in the market but there were only single pots four times the price of the individual pots in BJ's. I was successful in getting a red cabbage and a couple of carrots which Peter needed for his coleslaw and I picked up a nice piece of Brie reduced by 75%.
My blue succulent collection.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We had the wind this morning but the rain had moved on.