Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 23 October 2018

Cold.

With the days getting colder it was time to bring the pelargoniums (geraniums) inside. They're not my favourite plants but looked good trailing down the wall under the decking. As well as snipping off all the brown leaves, signs of my neglect, I cut back the longer stems and after dipping in rooting compound pushed them into compost for some extra plants next year. 
The bright violas went into the planter to cheer up the view from the kitchen window. After sweeping up the fallen leaves, mostly from the acers, the deck looks clean and tidy for the winter.
No rain today but a watery sky with the merest hint of blue all day.  
The sunset began with flashes of gold and then suddenly the sky glowed orange and ended deep red (darker than the photo) from west to east.   

On the bike ride yesterday Peter spotted that my back wheel is out of shape adding to my being a bit wobbly.  He'll take it to be straightened out by Gordy, a local character who seems to have always been there in his shop filled with bikes from floor to ceiling with just enough space for Gordy to fix a bike.

No comments: