Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 10 October 2018

Sunny

Summer returned today with unbroken sunshine almost all day. (Shorts again for choir tonight.) The warm wind ensured that even in the shade the temperature was over 70F and out in the sun it was over 80F. Two loads of washing dried in no time after which I had to spend some time indoors ironing.  Maybe I should do the same as my neighbour who likes nothing better than to use an extension lead to iron outside.
I did find time to sit in the sun and begin collating my daily notes before I write up my Family Journal. I make daily notes but hadn't done more than that for the last year. 
Later I came upstairs to find both cats fast asleep in my study enjoying the warmth of the sun. It's choir again tonight so I've been working on Crossing the Bar and Time After Time to get the timings right and remember more of the words. 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Love those nice sunny days. We've had a few in a row but today it is pouring down rain.

Harriet said...

Your flowers are lovely, a treat for tired eyes. Love the photo of sleeping cat. My grandson got a kitten yesterday. She is to keep Alala (cat) COMPANY. i SURE HOPE aLALA LIKES HER!