Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Mostly Grey.

Another day of mixed weather, lots of dismal, damp greyness interspersed with sunny blueness. 
The event of the day was taking the cats to the vet for their vaccinations. If I'm only taking one cat I use a rigid wire carrier but for two I use a pair of bags rather like sports bags which have long straps you can put over your shoulder. Neither cat wanted to go in their bag so it was matter of pushing them into the bags before zipping up the zips as quickly as possible. At the vets' they were weighed first. Patch has dropped a little and greedy Speedy has gained too much. Speedy only gets fed twice a day so when Patch gets his extra meals I put the fork into Speedy's dish for him to lick. I'll just have to cut back the amount he gets for his meals. Speedy is such a scaredy cat. In the car every now and again he uttered the most distraught wail. What a baby. I take a pot of cheese cubes with me on such occasions which they were quite happy to eat while on the vet's table. I also got a different type of flea drops - Advocate which are prescription only as the fleas are proving a problem. I've been using Frontline but it isn't effective these days. Peter never gets bitten but my feet and ankles are a magnet for any biting thing. Along with the household killer that I spray liberally including into the hoover these new drops should get rid of those nasty fleas. The vet did say that with the long hot summer fleas have been a major problem this year and are at their worst right now. The worst part for me was paying the bill, £157 for the two lots of vaccinations and flea drops. I'm glad I don't still have six cats.

It was only as I went to chop up some vegetables for salad that I remembered I'd promised to bake cookies for Peter so I had quite a late baking session. I'd run out of peanut butter to add to the chocolate chip cookies so instead I added cinnamon and nutmeg and the result was very tasty. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Visiting the vet can be quite an ordeal. : )
Interesting looking sky.