Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 11 October 2018

Rain and Sun.

We've had a real mix of weather today. The morning was grey with steady rain which then became quite stormy until the weather front moved along and there was a return to hotter sunnier weather. With more winds due this weekend the lovely acers brightening up the garden will soon be losing all  their glorious leaves.
Peter left at 7.30 this for an early morning row while I sat in bed with my tea watching the rain. He wore himself out and was snoring gently in the armchair by 8.00 this evening.
I'd been noticing some squeaking when I applied the new car's brakes which Peter with his less acute hearing and habit of always having the car radio on had failed to hear but finally today he took it back to the garage. Alec checked the brakes and apparently there was some wear on one of the parts which he replaced without any charge.
My extra jobs today were more writing up of my daily notes and making a batch of apple pancakes which we both enjoy. 
 Sunset tonight.
There's another video on Facebook of us (the choir) singing in the café last Saturday. It's titled The Voice Community Choir. We can't go anywhere as a group without bursting into song!

1 comment:

happyone said...

I don't do FB but I did go to the choir website. Seems like a lot of fun and you all sound great.