Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 17 October 2018

Lovely Sunset.

A standard autumn day today, sunny at times, cloudy at others. Mainly just the usual round of housework and exercises. 
I did do some mending this afternoon which was made a bit tricky by Speedy wanting to sit on my lap. The fabric on the back of the collar of this very old Puffa (I think I got it from a jumble sale before we left London which makes it at least 26 years old) had begun to  fray and tear badly. It's been my gardening jacket and I felt it deserved repairing to let it last a few more years. I used some upholstery fabric to cover the whole of the back of the collar so now it doesn't have the padding leaking out.
The evening view began with a general haze looking like city smog but then developed into a beautiful golden sunset. Every time I looked out of the window it had changed until the final pink and grey tones faded into darkness. 






No comments: