Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 5 October 2018

Warm.

Still warm today but cooler than yesterday. I did one wash which the wind dried enough for me to iron later. In the afternoon I was sitting outside finishing off my drawing project which I'm quite happy with, when one of our neighbours popped his head over the garden wall to tell me that Peter was knocking on our front door. I had heard some banging/knocking but had assumed that it was Kevin the local handyman who was doing some woodwork on the pavement outside one of the houses opposite. I had been keeping an ear out for our doorbell but the batteries must have run out. Peter says he was at the door for twenty minutes! Our modern front door has a lock which can only be locked or unlocked with a key unlike older locks which have a knob on the inside which you simply turn to open. I don't like the idea of being in the house with the front door locked, what if there was an emergency? But if the key is in the lock on the inside you still can't open it with a key from the outside. So we leave the front door unlocked but have a star key on the house side of the inner door which we usually keep locked especially if we are out in the garden. It is a very safe area but burglaries happen everywhere so it's an extra precaution. Better get some new batteries for the doorbell.
Despite there still being twenty flowers left on the Busy Lizzie (yes, I counted them) I gave in and pulled it up from the wall planter. I had thought to put the yellow violas in there but the yellow didn't go with the terracotta and instead put in the purple faced ones instead. 


1 comment:

happyone said...

I like the detail in the first flower picture.