Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 20 October 2018

Sunny.

It's been another day filled with sunshine. I had to be out in the morning and for a while I thought that my summer shorts should be abandoned in favour of a pair of light trousers but in the end I was glad that I changed back into my shorts. On the way into town it was quite chilly on my arms in the shade but I much prefer to be a little cool at times to being too hot at times. In my ambles along the crowded High Street I counted eight other adults in shorts, all men but most people were wearing coats or jackets. My backpack keeps my back warm and my legs just don't seem to feel the cold.
Before going to the High Street I called in at my friend's to give her a card and this drawing of her dog that I had done for her as it's actually her birthday tomorrow. Drawing is not my strong point but I copied a photo and the result was not too bad.  She had friends staying and we had a nice chat before I headed off to the High Street. Called in at the bank to make sure they didn't pay out the house insurance renewal as we've got a better deal for next year through Peter's old union. Then went to the library to take back three books two of which I hadn't finished. One of the unfinished books was poorly written, too many adjectives etc. and was the third of a trilogy and I didn't like the way the story was going with the other. It's very rare that I don't finish a book. It was so nice out in the garden when I got home that we sat out in the sun loungers for the rest of the afternoon. I did take out my folder of notes to collate for my family journal but didn't even open the folder. Instead I read the whole of one of my library books. It was a light story, not a romance but a magazine level story and easy to read.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I think your drawing of the dog is very good. I can't draw a thing that anyone would recognize. : )
It's been cold and rainy here most of the day.