Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 1 October 2018

Windy.

Cool, windy and mostly sunny today. I decided it was time to cut back the sedums growing in the planter by the sitting room window. That job, including picking every dead leaf off the pebble surface, took no more than half an hour. Very different to Dingles where the same job would take at least a week to get the scree garden sedum circle cleaned up for the winter. I also finished off the weeding in the front garden and prised out the dandelions growing along the edge of the pavement before zapping what was left with weed killer.
I only had one bag of garden waste but went to the dump anyway then on to BJ's for some more violas. The choices were dark purple, purple faces or mixed colours. I chose the faces then sorted through the mixed trays until I found one which had three of the bright yellow violas which I intend to put in the wall planter once the Busy Lizzy is over. From Lidl's I walked over the bridge into town to do something on my to - do list. That was to call in at the dentist to enquire about a dental implant. Because I only wear my denture to go out I've never really got used to it and my teeth keep shifting a little changing the fit. Implants don't come on the NHS and I thought if I have to pay I'd prefer to have my old dentist who is amazingly good. I was with him until he stopped doing NHS work and every treatment including a root canal filling and an extraction was stress and pain free. Unfortunately he doesn't actually do implants himself but refers his patients to someone in Torrington which is quite far away. Next step is to check out my usual dentist, as long as it's not the Polish dentist I'll probably go with them. It's sad but I only want one pair of adjacent teeth replaced for cosmetic reasons. I'm embarrassed to show that gap when I'm out which is why I wear my denture. There aren't even any teeth above so I can't eat on that side, it's all just vanity. It was quite funny when I recognised the receptionist I talked to from choir.
For a change I went over to Asda for my groceries and to check out their clothes. The section where I'm sorely tempted is the nightwear aisle. I'm such a sucker for anything soft and fluffy I'm surprised I made it through there without buying anything. I did buy a couple of v necked loose vests, both black, as I'm about to clear out a number of well worn everyday vest tops. Altering the new ones was a job to add to the bottom of my list which has already been done.
Even a monotone grey sky becomes spectacular when the sun sends searchlights through gaps in the clouds.

No comments: