Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 25 October 2018

Cold.

It's been a cold , clammy day with not even a pretty sunset to brighten things up. I might even have to give up wearing shorts. I spent the afternoon in the sitting room working on my family journal notes. I could see that robin back hopping around under the buddleia bush where I sprinkled some seeds and peanuts. I'm hoping that its presence might encourage other birds to visit the feeders hanging in the bush. 
This was a much bolder robin that was hopping around only a few feet away from me under the plant benches at the garden centre yesterday. 
I took a photo of my established pitcher plant with a ruler beside it to show just how big the pitchers are. The longest of the pitchers is 8 inches long not counting the lid.

No comments: