Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 2 October 2018

Cool.

It's our wedding anniversary today, 42 years together! We don't make a big fuss on our anniversary, just cards and some treats. I didn't remember until I was writing this week's dates on our kitchen whiteboard. Peter remembered but his watch showed today's date as the 1st and he planned to pop out this afternoon. Which he did anyway returning with a selection of sweet treats. We still enjoyed our day which began with catching up on an omnibus Archers while rain splashed on the windows. 
Having bought reduced bananas and eggs (still free range) yesterday, this afternoon I made a banana loaf.
I also got on with working my way through my to do list. My plan was to catch up with backing up my photos while also writing out lyrics on a piece of sheet music. Each day I try to find time to play the digital piano, first running through scales and arpeggios to keep my brain and fingers active and then playing a couple of pieces one of which is Honour Him from the film Gladiator. I haven't actually watched the film because I can't bear films with tragic outcomes but I have the soundtrack on my MP4 player and a book of the sheet music. I thought it would be fun, at least for me, to add the words so that I can sing along. Film buffs might well be saying at this point that there aren't any words to Honour Him but somehow I found a set of lyrics. Listening to the soundtrack I soon found that the words are for Now We Are Free so first I will have to work on playing it on the piano. Unlike Tolkien whose mythical languages are fully structured for Gladiator the lyricist just used random words from a childhood made up language which fitted the music. The original version I found had the great line Cnees!! blofbeeop. but I've found another version without that line.
Pilates again this evening, strenuous as ever. My back hadn't been too good this week possibly due to carrying a 25kg bag of compost from the car earlier on. However once I'm there the music and my earlier warmup of my usual exercises and maybe the painkillers I take all get me joining in as best as I can. I even found that I could do more of the twisty move from side plank on one side to the other. Just working hard for a solid hour gives such a feeling of achievement.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Peter. : )
We usually go out for dinner.