Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 June 2020

Cold.

I don't like this summer weather, cold, wet and grey. (Today's photos are from yesterday.)
I changed my plans several times this morning. Initially I'd intended to go shopping but seeing the rain lashed windows thought it might be better to stay warm and cosy at home. But then, this is Devon and despite the weeks of hot weather I do own a coat and with no excuses of feeling unwell I decided I might as well go out and get the shopping done. There was a nasty chill wind and some rain but at Lidl's I was able to walk straight in. I was very restrained and didn't buy any chocolate at all nor did I sneak any treats into my trolley apart from ...... oh dear - some ice cream. In Tesco's two reduced croissants slid my way, but they're not pastries, not really. However I did come across jars of plum butter, like thick jam, in the Polish section. They don't often have it and it was on special offer so I bought 4 jars. It tasted very nice on a warm croissant.
Still very few people wearing face coverings though most shoppers are good about giving each other space. Locally we can see many visitors calling in at houses even today when without doubt the visit isn't going to take place out in a garden.

No comments: