Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 9 June 2020

Dry.

It's been dry today a sort of a reversal of yesterday with the sun shining more in the morning bringing welcome warmth and now back to clouds and a cold wind.
I decided to walk into town today as there was a bill to be paid at the bank and I wanted to get a tube of sealant before my enthusiasm begins to wane.
There were a remarkable number of people around considering how few shops are open. I spotted a couple more shops open now that had been closed; a chemist, the key cutter and a baker's. I took along my face mask which I put on once I entered the High Street. I counted only nine other people wearing face masks though I don't know if the ninth one counts as it was an older gent who'd pulled his mask down to smoke a cigarette. 
Having bought a tube of sealant once I was home I ran sealant (badly) around the shower tray and along the window sills in my study and our bedroom. At least now those areas look a bit better. 
One thing I noticed, apart from so many people, was the large amount of building work going on  including in the High Street. That must be a sign that businesses are looking positively to the future.
Peter did more phoning around today but there's still no plaster. I had better luck and have bought the tap for the new kitchen sink and it is being delivered to Borth on Thursday. All I need now is the cupboard to go underneath. 
Yesterday evening I went out to put something in the dustbin and found a small parcel on the garden path. At first I thought it was an italic pen I'd ordered the day before but when I looked it was addressed to somebody at Number 4. That's right at the beginning of our road! The postman must have dropped it when he was getting out our package containing the flooring samples. I took the parcel round to Number 4 and had a long chat with an acquaintance who was out tending to her front garden at Number 6. I used to meet her in different schools when we were both supply teachers and then when she came occasionally to teach at my last school. Also she knew the boys from when she taught at their village school. So we had a nice long chat, at 6ft distance.
I love the way this front lawn has been allowed to turn into a wildflower meadow. 

No comments: